Monday, June 2, 2014

This week I ended up playing scrabble with the bishop's 8 year old son. Yes, in Spanish and yes he beat me. haha It was hard because the only words I could spell were church words haha but Spanish is coming along well this week. I could feel myself talking a lot more in the lessons and I'm not exactly needing to think of the sentence in English first. Sometimes Spanish words just come out of my mouth and I'm like okay.. this is getting a little better.

I feel so close to the bishop's family. This week something kind of funny happened. One of the Bishop's daughters Mary, she is 15, was staring at her phone and I was like, "what are you looking at?" She had a picture of some boy on her phone. I asked her, ummm okay who is that. She was like, "it is a boy that I think is really cute from my school." She asked me, "please don't tell my parents, he isn't a member." I started to smile and was like hunny we can change that would you like us to start teaching him the lessons. We both started laughing. I am so glad to have her in my ward here, she reminds me a lot of Julianne. I have been missing Julianne a lot lately and I feel like Heavenly Father blessed me with the new friend in the ward because he knows how much I wish I was there to experience things like this with my own sister. 

We ended up dividing the area and I couldn't be happier. We didn't end up losing any investigators! The Elder's area ended up being split but ours stayed exactly the same. It was sooo great. We will be getting 2 new missionaries next Tuesday. I'm excited this area is ready for more work and that the ward is ready for more work. 

This week we also had intercambios where you switch companions for a day. My companion ended up going to a different area and I had to stay in our area. I was so nervious because that meant I was in charge for the day (kind of). I felt like I was going to cry but I just told myself that I can do this. It ended up being a really great day and I learned a lot from the other Hermana. That day we had an appointment with one of our investigators. Her name is Stephanie. We taught her about the plan of salvation and our purpose in this life. Every lesson we have with her we ask her about baptism and she says, nooo maybe in 4 years. Anywho we decided to stop pressuring her as much and just give her some time to breathe. That night however I had this feeling to ask her about how she would feel to have her whole past erased. She replied saying "I want that, I want to change, and I want to be baptized." I finally felt like I had made a difference. Honestly it wasn't me though it was the Lord. I am so happy for her and I can't wait for her baptism. She is changing already. Being able to see the gospel change a person's life is one of the best things ever. 

Each week gets better and better as I adjust more to the life of a missionary. I'm not going to lie. Its dang hard sometimes but it is dang worth every second of it. 

I love you all and hope all is well. Oh yeah, write me letters. haha 

Paz y bendiciones, 

Han han



No comments:

Post a Comment