Monday, June 30, 2014

"Can't we ever have just like a salad or something?"

This week had its uppsss and dowwwwwwns.

We went back and saw the dog that bit me to make sure he had all his shots and stuff. While we were asking his owners, a little kid came up to me and said, “Be careful, that dog bites." Oh really? You don’t say?  The owners said that he has his shots but they lost the papers, so who really knows.

Also last Monday when Mexico played in the world cup we were at the grocery store just standing in line waiting and there is this huge TV. For the 20 minutes that we were waiting in line Mexico scored 3 goals. So that was so sweet. They lost yesterday though which was a bummer because no one came to church because they were watching the game.

We helped this less active older lady Maria clean her yard this week. She has these really cute baby bunnies so she let us hold them and let them run free in her yard. Then she told us that her family only has the bunnies to eat them. She asked us if we wanted to try them. Luckily we had another cita so we had to pass. There was no way I was going to eat those cute little baby bunnies!

We also had zone conference this week which was just so fun. President Christensen and his wife gave out prizes for the people who had the cleanest houses.  Only 3 companionships got this reward and your never gonna believe who got it. Yep, me and Hermana Reyes! I know what you guys are thinking, “Wow that’s a miracle that Hannah got a clean house award”.  Well I’m here to tell you guys that miracles happen. Also, Hermana Christensen made food for everyone, and better yet, she made American food. She was talking to me and said, "I cook for my Americans.  They need some food from their country". It was such a comfort to eat American food, especially the nice big salad.
On the way home from zone conference there was this Mexican grandma on the bus who stood up and started belting out to the tune of Abba songs but replaced the words with scriptures and prayers. She walked up and down the bus just singing her little heart out. I asked my companion if that was normal and she said that usually people preach but don’t sing, so that was nice. One of the Elders passed around a note that said "apostasy".  Everyone thought that was a hoot. #missionaryjokes

This week sadly I got sick and had to go to the hospital. I will spare you guys the details but I had to spend 2 days there. While in the hospital I was going crazy because I had nothing to do. Luckily my companion brought our mini DVD player. We watched all the church movies that we have and, no joke, seen 60 times, but it was better than doing nothing. I ended up having the same doctor as last time and he told me that my Spanish has gotten a lot better, so that was a plus. They gave me lots of random meds and liquids and sent me one my way. As we were leaving one of the nurses told me that I should probably go back to America. I just laughed and smiled she probably thought I didn’t understand what she was saying.
We found out that one of our investigators who has a baptism date created an event for it on Facebook. The Young Women President told us that she had invited like the whole world. Isn’t that so awesome? She is so excited to follow the example of Jesus Christ. 

Well, love you all. You guys are in my prayers.

xoxo hna han






No comments:

Post a Comment