Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Chicharrón

This week we started out by going to Puebla because my companion had to go do some stuff for her visa. We have gone to Puebla almost every week since the last transfers or “cambios” but that’s okay with me because when we go we eat at Subway so its all good. That same day we had the mission activity. My companion and I planned it this week and taught about the apostasy. After we played soccer, in the spirit of the world cup, and then had relay races. My team won so that’s what’s up. 

This week was also Mary’s birthday, one of the daughters of the Bishop. She’s one of my favorite people here so I told her that I want her to be part of my family and that she needs to marry my brother. Ha, now all the missionaries tease her about it. Ha she added Luke on Facebook. Luke, accept that friend request. For her birthday they had a world cup party and had tons of food. We worked really hard all day and then stopped by the party for night time. You know how it is, work hard, play hard. Haha, poor girl, every time someone called her to wish her happy birthday the Elders would ask her if it was my brother calling. Lolz. Sorry Luke for roping you into this. 

This week we had intercambions with the hermana leaders and I left the area for a day and a night. We went to an area called Chiautempan. It was a nice area but I have to say that Loma Florida is where its at. While there we had a lesson with a new investigator and one of the members of their ward came with us. While we were teaching the member just started taking over the lesson and started saying all these things like “When Jesus came to the Americas, every time he stepped flowers grew from his feet. Who knows, but she was a nice lady. That night I spent the night at the hermana leaders house and oh my. They have a house that’s like beautiful. They have crystal windows and walk in closets. I was uber jealous. I need to find me a new house with at least a toilet seat. 

Okay so let me tell you about a kind of food that they have here called chicharrón. It is just the skin of a pig (pig rinds). Only the skin! And then they soak in in chili verde and serve it just like that with nothing else just the pig skin sometimes it even still has some parts of hair on it. Anywhooo this week we got served this vile food and I about died. Every time I put it in my month I wanted to cry. Then the elders came and knocked on the door and the Hermana, at whose house that we were eating, got up to answer the door and I just started wrapping this pig skin in napkins and tucking it into my skirt.. (garments really). I got almost all of it into my skirt except then she ran out of napkins. The only part left was like this really hard part of the skin that had hair and it was weirdly colored so I wrapped that part up in a tortilla because I was not about to eat that. My companion was dying laughing during this whole charade. I am so grateful for the elders for coming to her house and literally talking to her for 15 min or I would have had to eat that nasty pigskin. After we left we went across the street to the Aragon family’s house (a less active family) and I flushed all that pigskin down the toilet. After I felt so relieved. Needless to say I hope I never have to eat that again. 

Other that that experience, this week went pretty well. Choir was a hoot as usual and one of our investigators, Stephanie, told us that she wanted to serve a mission in a year. I just about cried when I heard that. Isn’t that so great. Its so amazing to see the gospel change people. This Saturday we will find out if we have changes or not in my area. And then we have cambios the proximo (next) week, on Tuesday. i really hope that I stay in this are for more time.

Well I love you all to the moon and back. 

Xoxo,


Hna Hannah Ruthie Babes 





No comments:

Post a Comment