Monday, July 28, 2014

Ward Conference

Well lots happened this week…

On Tuesday we went to cambios or transfers. Cambios was literally a mad house. It was so crazy, over 80% of the mission was there. Well at transfers I got a new companion. Her name is Hermana Lopez. She’s from Guatemala. Ha, all my companions are from Guatemala. She’s had 6 months in the mission and is really such a sweetheart. We have only been companions for one week so its hard to know if we are going to be homies or not but I feel a good vibe from her so that’s a good sign. Ha, she loves my hair and she tells me everyday which is nice. She told me yesterday that I have doll hair. Ha, well yeah maybe if the dolls she has back home have 5 different colors in their hair and a million split ends. Yeah I don’t really know what to do about my hair right now... any ideas???? 

This week we had ward conference so everyday we had an activity. On Wednesday we had the sociedad de socorro (relief society) open house. Ha, it was sweet. A girl that we contacted in the street came to the open house. Apparently she knows the president of soc. de soc. but sadly she lives in the Elder’s area. They ended up visiting her and now she has a date for baptism. 

On Thursday the activity was visiting the less active members and inviting them to the conference. This was perfect for us because we did divisiones (splits) and taught twice as many people. Stephanie, the girl we baptized last week came with me and wow, in the lessons she was like a new person. Every time I asked her a question she was beaming and like loved to share her testimony. Gosh that’s the best thing about the mission seeing how people change for the better.

On Friday the activity was a camp day at the Faldas de Almalincha. It was soooo fun and really pretty. We played soccer and also kick ball. Man kick ball was intense. Ha, we were playing kick ball in the woods and I felt like I was in the movie twilight, lolz. Yeah my team lost in kick ball which was a bummer. My ward was like freakin competitive with the whole kick-ball-thing, which was kind of scary. Ha, the next day I woke up sore. 

On Saturday we cleaned the chapel wooh! Party! Ha, no it was fast except for right now the chapel doesn’t have water so we have to use buckets to flush the water and the only water we have is the water from the baptisms a week ago so yeah we have been cleaning the church with sin filled water. Ha. After we had a soccer tournament. Ahhh, I loved it. My team was the bomb. We literally could have won the world cup! Ha, we were undefeated so yeah we were the champions. Every team had a girl and a kid on there team but my team was stacked. A new investigator family came and one of the kids from the family pointed at me and told his dad. "ésta es la guera que juega el futbol bonito". Yeah, that was definitely a highlight of my week.  Ha the next day I was so sore. Ha, that’s bad. 

Yesterday we had ward conference. Holla, it was awesome because so many people were in church. The choir actually didn’t sound that off tune.  Ha, I mean it was still off tune but lots better. Ha, after the Stake President came up to us and asked us if we would be willing to sing in Stake Conference. Ha, I’m down I just hope I’m still here for it. That night we ate at a families house who has 7 dogs and like 45 cats. Okay maybe more like 4 cats but a lot of animals. Anywhoo the member told us that one of her dogs ate one of the other dogs. Scary huh. They need to have like a dog elimination program here or something. 

Well I miss you all and I also miss pumpkin chocolate chip bread but all is good with me.

 You guys are in my thoughts and in my prayers. Stay sweet.


xoxo hna han 

No comments:

Post a Comment