Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Its crazy how fast the weeks go by! I feel like i just wrote all of you guys.Every week I feel more comfortable here and I love my investigators more and more. 

One thing about Mexico - dogs. They are everywhere and on every roof. This week we were knocking on a door for an appointment and all of a sudden I felt something wet in my hair. I looked up and I saw that a dog had just slobbered all over my hair. I freaked out for about ten seconds then got it together and continued on with my day. 

This week I experienced rain. The saying "when it rains it pours" has never been more true. I wasn't prepared at all for the rain. When we made it back home I was sopping wet from head to toe. My companion has this big yellow rain coat so the bishop's family and I have started calling her Hermana pollo.

This week the bishop bought us pizza! Ha, I was so happy. I felt like I was back in America again. There is nothing better than a pizza pie. The bishop asked me if I would bless the food. He added that he knew the prayer would be short because I was so excited about the pizza. Ha, he was right. Also people put hot sauce on their pizza here. Its actually good.

This week is the last week of the month which means, like all the missionaries, we are out of food and money. One day we were walking by a tortillaria that one of our investigators owns. She invited us in and was like, "would you guys like a quasadilla?"  Miracles. Ha, but seriously America is doing quesadillas all wrong. This investigator's name is Juana and her husband and father both recently passed away. We taught her the plan of salvation and after she told us that she hopes that this is true. She also invited us to have some coffee with her. We explained that we didn't drink coffee then asked us if we wanted to have some tea. We asked what kind and she said apple so we said sure. We are going to teach her the word of wisdom this week so wish us luck.

The word of wisdom is one of the hardest things for people to obey. We have another investigator Crystal who is all ready for  baptism and really wants to get baptized but has a problem with smoking. She smoked for 3 months while she was pregnant. We taught her about the word of wisdom and about the priesthood and how if she wanted we could have someone give her a blessing to help her be strong and keep the commandments. She said that she wanted one. On Sunday we asked our district leader to give her a blessing. Before the blessing she asked me if getting a blessing meant that she was committing to living the word of wisdom. I told her yes and I was kind of nervous by how she would respond. She ended up saying, "Okay, I can do this".  The blessing was awesome. 

I think sometimes I forget how powerful the priesthood is. It is literally the power of god. People, don't take the priesthood for granted. And priesthood holders, LIVE WORTHY TO HAVE THAT POWER.

I love you all and hope you have a good week. 

Paz y bendiciones,
han


No comments:

Post a Comment