Monday, October 31, 2016

Digital Dialog Week 9

Just yesterday my roommate and I had the opportunity to do our visiting teaching for the month. This time was different for me because for the first  time in a while I felt same spirit that I did as a missionary. My roommate and I had both served full time missions and it meant the world to me that we got to teach two wonderful girls about the importance of the family.


In each lesson we talked about  how we are all apart of God's family and that we have a responsibility here as college students to make our ward a family. Heavenly Father has organized the world in a way that we are grouped not only in biological family but ward families. We told both of our lovely relief society sisters that our goal was to strengthen the love that we have for each other as daughters of a Heavenly Father. We then played this short video about the importance of families. 


https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2015-01-1050-what-is-the-purpose-of-family?category=topics/marriage-and-family&lang=eng  


As the short and simple video played the spirit engulfed the room. I could feel the love of our God surrounding all of us. I love the part of the video that says, "he is not only our creator but our father". During this video I felt like I could also better understand the beautiful plan of salvation that we have. The scripture 2nd Nephi 25 came to my mind. 

 25 Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy.

This small and simple scripture has such a great impact on me because it testifies of one of the greatest purposes that we have here earth, to have joy! I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father has put me in such a loving earthy and ward family. I am grateful for the plan of salvation and the blessing that I have to one day not only live with my father in heaven but to live like him. 
 
I love my Heavenly Father and I know he loves me. 
xoxo han. 



No comments:

Post a Comment