Monday, October 10, 2016

Digital Dialog Week 6

This week my home teachers came over and shared a beautiful message with my roommate and me. They talked about obedience from the talk "The Blessings of Obedience" by Prophet Thomas S. Monson. 

As they shared the message I was surprised when Heath, one of my home teachers asked me, "Hannah why do you keep the commandments?" I quickly responded by saying "It is a way for me to show Heavenly Father how much  I love him.  

After they gave their message I was impressed to go back and read the whole talk by our Prophet. While reading this paragraph stood out to me. 

“God’s commandments are not given to frustrate us or to become obstacles to our happiness. Just the opposite is true. He who created us and who loves us perfectly knows just how we need to live our lives in order to obtain the greatest happiness possible. He has provided us with guidelines which, if we follow them, will see us safely through this often treacherous mortal journey. We remember the words of the familiar hymn: ‘Keep the commandments! In this there is safety; in this there is peace’ [see “Keep the Commandments,” Hymns, no. 303].”3


I feel so grateful to have the knowledge of that sweet him. The words " in this there is safety; in this there is peace" bring such joy to my heart. I feel safe peaceful while I keep the commandments. I know after I keep the commandment Heavenly Father also shows me so much love my blessing my life. I love him and I know he loves me.

Han. 

No comments:

Post a Comment