Monday, February 9, 2015

A Week of Miracles

This week was one of the most spiritually draining and also the most spiritually rewarding. I have seen so many miracles in just one week. We had some ups and also some downs like usual. 

Hna Ipina will be going home tomorrow. We got a call last week from President C telling us. It makes me sad to see her go but I know that she will be able to still help so many people in her home town. 

Miracle 1 

Montse. 
This week on Monday we had a lesson to go over the baptism questions and plan her baptism. Montse’s mom and sister both had no idea she was planning to be baptized. She invited them to the end of the lesson and announced with joy that she was going to be baptized, pure tears of joy filled their home. Montse Reyes was baptized Sunday February 8th at 4 pm. Montse wore the cutest little flower crown, the necklace I gave her, and a poufy dress for after her baptism. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for letting me be a small part of little Montse’s path to eternal life. Montse has changed so much at the end of her baptism she was hugging everyone, then she hugged me and hugged and hugged. She told me she loved me through many tears. We were both bawling. I love her and I love how the gospel has changed her. Montse’s mother thanked me very many times for never giving up on her. In one year the entire family will be able to go to the temple and be sealed as an eternal family. 

Miracle. 2 

Charlie talked to his family and they said he was going to have to wait to be baptized until April. As he told us this my heart dropped but what could I do, It was over until April. My companion started testifying saying that we would be there to help him in April. I just kept thinking in my head. No. No. His baptism in Feb 7th, I know it. I felt something in my heard telling me well… Tell him that. I was direct and said, “Carlos your baptism in on Saturday. I have felt by the power of the Holy Ghost that this your baptisms date. Carlos, I know you have felt it also. Follow Gods will." We ended in prayer and as we walked out of the lesson (it was in the chapel) we saw that someone had stolen Charlie’s bike. He left the chapel sad and spiritually tired because he had a choice to make. I felt spiritually week. About 30 seconds later he walked back through the church gate and talked to us. Tears spilled from his eyes, he sobbed saying I know this church is true. I know it is, it’s just hard. I know trials are going to come. I was completely bawling and then asked him, "Are you going to be a faithful member of this church? Are you going to go to the temple? Are you going to teach your future children this? Are you going to live with God after this life?” He kept nodding and crying. We all were crying pretty hard. Two days later Carlos was baptized as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. As he was baptized tears filled my eyes. Sunday he was confirmed in sacrament meeting. He was glowing. He told us many times how happy he feels. 

This past week was hard but it has made me so grateful for the gospel in my life.  I read an email from my father this week saying my brother has decided to officially not play college sports but to "sign" with the Lord and serve a mission. As I read those words tears filled my eyes. I couldn’t be happier. Luke I love you. The mission is going to be the best thing for you. I am happy to be a representative of our Savior Jesus Christ everyday. 

This week someone really special turns 18 years old. That’s right. Binks. JU Ju! JU how I love you and wish that I were going to be with you on this special day but I know that you are going to have a great day. I love you with all my heart. I kneel in prayer for you daily. As the song goes… " In the morning I wake up, before I put on my makeup, I say a little prayer for you". Be strong. Next year we will have this day together. I love you more than you know. You are apart of who I am. 

Love you all and until next week.


Hna. Han 





















No comments:

Post a Comment