Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Hard Things

This week was hard but doing hard things is good for you, right. Ha, well I’m feeling a lot better right now.

Last Monday was my last day in Loma Florida. It was hard to say goodbye to all the people I have been with for 5 months. Hna. Valencia took us and we went and got this fancy ice cream. Then I went and said goodbye to the Aragón family. Some tears were shed and it was a bittersweet day. That’s one of the hardest things about the mission, you get close to people and then its like peace, see you in heaven. 

Tuesday we had cambios (transfers) and its literally like the reapings from the Hunger Games. Its the worst. Ha, with about one hour before the cambios my district went and got pizza and we had a little goodbye party. It was sad but it was good. Then I got my new companion and my new area. My new area is called Esmeralda. It is pretty much the big city of the mission. We are in the richest part of the whole mission and its a lot harder because the people aren’t exactly the humblest. We are in a brand new area so we are starting from scratch. Its been hard and I kind of haven’t been sleeping well but right now I’m feeling a lot calmer. I feel like I have all this responsibility to teach my new companion everything and also find a lot of new people to teach. My new companion is 21 and her name is Hermana Gonzalez. She is really nice and kind of a goof but we get along really well. She is a quick learner and we have a really nice house so that is a blessing. Also we have a toilet seat, my first place to have a toilet seat so yeah, blessed. 

The first night in the area I could hardly sleep. I was just so stressed about everything like how we didn’t know the area or the members or even have any investigators. We contacted a lot of people from the streets though and set up appointments with them so yeah, I hope we can see more progress this week. Ha. 

Fun fact, my companion told me that I have been talking in my sleep and its all in Spanish so yeahhh I’m officially dreaming in Spanish. 

Sadly we have no time today because we got lost like ten times, ha my life. 

Well love you all.


Hermana Ruthie-babes 












No comments:

Post a Comment