Monday, September 15, 2014

A Pretty Weird Week


Well what would the month of September be without a visit to the local hospital for 3 days. They drew my blood to try to find out what I had. They also ended up giving me an ultra sound and let me tell you that was kind of strange. It was just like it was in the movies, ha. That weird gel stuff they put on your belly really is sooooo cold. After all the tests and stuff they came to the conclusion that I had some kind of infection in my stomach. But my stomach wasn’t even hurting, so that was kind of weird to me. My symptoms were migraines and high fevers.

Anywhooo at that hospital we had some crazy experiences for sure. When I first got to the hospital I was really out of it and all these people kept pulling and prying at me and asking me like 3 hundred questions. They finally calmed it all down and asked me if I wanted to declare my religion. Ha, I was like yes, I’m a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints. They just stared at me like I was a wack job, ha. Then one of the nurses shouted, telling them, "They are Mormons." Ha, then everyone was like ohhhhhh yeah, ha.

Let me just tell you that hospital was a joke. They wouldn’t give my companion a pillow to sleep with because it wasn’t included in our insurance. Then they told me I needed to take a shower, ha. I was all, okay, great but then they started again with the whole the soap isn't included in your insurance. Ha, I was like this is not happening. Luckily an old lady heard this whole convo go down so she gave me some of her shampoo... miracles, ha. One of the nurses asked me if I was a nun and I told her no way. I sure hope I don’t look like a nun. If so I have some serious things that I need to change.

Finally they said I could home and sent me with some meds. That night I didn’t sleep more than ten minutes. My head was killing me and I had a fever of 102 again. The next morning Hermana Christensen called and asked how I was doing. I told her I was feeling sick and how I felt like my doctor at the hospital may have been wrong about what I had. Back-story, my doctor was like easily 86 years old and was seriously like the crazy scientist man from the nightmare before Christmas. Ha, anywho Hermana Christensen (the Mission President’s wife) was like enough playing you around we are sending you to Angels. Its like probably nicer than any hospital have ever seen. It looks like City Creek, no joke. We ended up doing splits with some other sister missionaries so that my companion could work. They put me with Hermana Dapper who is a nurse and also one of my besties in the mission. They ran my blood and I have typhoid fever. Yep, that’s right. Then they gave me a big old shot in my bum-bum and lots of other meds. Mexico and meds is like hand and hand. Ha, I’m feeling better now and Hermana Christensen made me a whole loaf of banana bread ha

Today is like the 4th of July but in Mexico. Ha, we went to Chalula and it was really pretty. Also I ran into Elder Dunford, a friend that went to Olympus (aka Lexi Gordon’s boyfriend), ha. He is going home this week so that was crazy that we ran into him. We met up with sister Dapper and Hermana Martinez and celebrated the independence of México in this cute little town. The crazy parties are going to start tonight so all the missionaries need to be in our houses at 7:30 which is not normal. Ha, we just  went to Papa Johns to eat.

Needless to say it was a pretty weird week. Also I am stoked because I love you all so much and in less than 1 year I will be with you all. Love, love, love.

xoxo
hermana hannie ruthie babes
( thypoid fever stinks.)













No comments:

Post a Comment