Monday, September 26, 2016

Digital Dialog Week 4

This week was kind of a harder week for me. I have been feeling that nothing really is going right. In my head I kept telling myself that I still didn't know my major, I hadn't been to the temple in a while, i've been feeling sick and I had so much homework to get done.

 I compared my life to a tree that wasn't producing any fruit. As a tree I was standing there with lot of branches but not really doing any good or growing. I thought that it only made since that I was producing some kind of fruit in ONE aspect of my life.

Feeling discouraged I thought that talking to friends would help me feel better. This helped me keep going for a little but by the weekend as I drove back to my parents home for family dinner I felt sadder than ever. As I pulled into the drive way I got the impression to ask my dad for a blessing. A sudden wave of peace came over me as I felt gratitude for the fact that I had a worthy priesthood holder in my home who use God's power to comfort me.

I walked downstairs and struggled through tears to ask my father if he would he give me a blessing. He told me that of corse he would and then began to ask me about how I was doing in all aspect of my life. Holding back tears I melted into a bear hug from my dad. Moments later after collecting myself my dad placed his hands on my head and gave me the most beautiful blessing.

One thing that struck me about the blessing is it talked about how I should always put others before myself and try to look for opportunities to serve at all times. I thought to myself "one of the reasons i'm so over whelmed is because I keep putting others before me." As soon as that thought passed my mind I instantly felted humbled. How could I have been so selfish? The words of Mosiah came to my mind.

Mosiah 18:9  

 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life—


When I was baptized I made a commitment to serve and comfort others. This is a promise that I made with Heavenly Father and I renew ever week in church. I now feel recommitted to serving others and seeing how I end up feeling at the end of the week. When I serve others I hope to find that I will not worry about my own problems but instead get lost in the work of service. I am grateful that through a blessing from my earthly father I was able to receive personal revelation from my Heavenly Father. 





No comments:

Post a Comment