Friday, September 9, 2016

 11 And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning.
 12 And it came to pass that when Jesus had spoken these words the whole multitude fell to the earth; for they remembered that it had been prophesied among them that Christ should show himself unto them after his ascension into heaven.
 13 And it came to pass that the Lord spake unto them saying:
 14 Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel, and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world.
 15 And it came to pass that the multitude went forth, and thrust their hands into his side, and did feel the prints of the nails in his hands and in his feet; and this they did do, going forth one by one until they had all gone forth, and did see with their eyes and did feel with their hands, and did know of a surety and did bear record, that it was he, of whom it was written by the prophets, that should come.
In my Sunday School class this past week best friends taught about when Christ came to America. I have read this chapter many time and often would invite new investigators to read it while serving as a missionary. However, this was the first time that reading these words pierced my soul and brought tears to my eyes. 
When I read about how the Nephites went and felt the prints it really impressed me this time because Christ being a glorified being still chose to keep the marks and to forever remember the selfless sacrifice that he made for all of us. 
Thinking about this sacrifice this week as school starts really got me thinking about even though he might have holes in his hands and feet he makes me whole and because of this sacrifice I get everlasting second chances when I come short. I have a goal this semester as school starts again to be better at showing my love to my savior and allowing him to make me whole. I love him and this week I have felt that love in many ways.
xoxo, Han 

No comments:

Post a Comment