Monday, November 14, 2016

Digital Dialog Week 11

As  holidays draw near I am often reminded of my late grandmother. My grandmother suffered with breast cancer for over 21 years of her life. She was a fighter. 

I always looked up to her as a kind and diligent women. She once told me that all she cared about was being a woman of God and not a woman of the world. She was truly exceptional.

Sadly, this will be the first holiday season that she will not be with us. I always think about her but she has been crossing my mind a lot this week as Thanksgiving is coming.  When I am sad and I think of how I wis she was here with my this scripture is always comforting. 

Alma 40:11

 11 Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the resurrection—Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life.


I find this scripture so beautiful. Everyone no matter if they were good or evil are taken home to our Heavenly Father. I love how the word home is used in this scripture. It makes me feel that being with my God really is where my grandma will be the happiest. 

I miss her dearly but I know that she is happy and that she is doing some of the most important work on the other side. I am grateful for The Plan of Salvation and the hope that it brings me that one day I will be reunited with my grandma. 

I love the Lord and I know that he loves me

xoxo han. 

No comments:

Post a Comment