Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Followers

This week was a good one just like all the other ones in the beautiful city of Puebla. We had intercambios (splits) this week and I left the area with Hna. Martinez, ha. She’s my sister training leader and we had a good day together. It was her birthday. The Elders in her ward surprised her and brought her a cake and so we had cake. Intercambios are so fun they are like mini sleepovers. We went to this member’s house and she gave us a bunch of clothes which was so funny a lot of them had shoulder pads and where just dreadful but there were also some hidden gems in the huge pile of clothes. 

This week we also had a meeting for the new missionaries and their trainers to see how we were all doing. I’m not a perfect missionary but at the meeting I was glad to see that we are being obedient and doing the things that we should be doing. I got to see my old companion Hermana Lopez there at the meeting and she was like, "everyone this is the most crazy missionary in the whole mission." Ha. I love her to death she is such a sweet heart. I also got to meet her new companion and all the people who are now serving in my old ward Loma Florida. I only told them about 4 million times to take care of my area, ha. It was weird to see the new American sisters and to have them ask me questions like how long did it take you to learn Spanish?? I was like hunny what are you talking about, I’m still learning Spanish ha. Its nice to be able to see (hear) that yes I don’t have perfect Spanish but I am making progress (SHOUT OUT TO Hermana Larsen you will be speaking fluently in no time). At the meeting I got put in charge of finding an area for the American sisters to watch the women’s conference on Saturday so I had to call all the American sisters and let them know that we would be having it in the stake center. 

The next day was the conference and so I had to get there early to set it all up but the mission secretaries weren’t there to open the offices for us. I quickly called the secretaries to ask them were they were. They told me they ran to office depot to buy a printer but that they should be there in no time and that I shouldn’t worry. Well long story short, 45 min later they came to the offices. One of the other American sisters was kind of upset and kind of started fighting with the secretaries. The secretaries then said, "would you like to be a secretary" she responded by saying " yeah and I would do it right and be one time". That’s about the biggest drama I’ve seen in weeks, sad but true. Ha, but it was shocking. 

We finally got in and were able to see the women’s conference. Honestly it made me miss the temple and want to go a.s.a.p. Well I can in one year, ha. I loved Elder Uchdorf’s talk especially the end that talked about how we are daughters of God and it doesn’t matter how many followers we have on instagram or any of that stuff. That was definitely one of the things that I used to worry about. Being on my mission has changed my mind completely on this subject. I honestly love the person I am. Yes I know I have many faults but the fact that I know who I am and how I can improve makes me feel happy and confident in myself. 

Sunday was the primary program and it was legit. They had like flowers, candy and cake and everything. Ha, it was cute and we had one of our investigators and her little daughters come to church and she loved it.

I’m so stoked for conference! 

Also a shout out to Tanya Buck.  Happy Birthday to the best aunt in the whole world. I CANT WAIT TO BE BESTIES AGAIN IN A YEAR. You are such a huge example to me. I love you more than you know. Keep it fresh as always.

Love you all be good, know you are in my thoughts and prayers


xoxo Hna Ruthie-Babes 







No comments:

Post a Comment